Today my beloved blog Cupcakes & Couture celebrates its first birthday! :)
When I started the blog last year, I wanted an outlet where I could share my recipes, DIY projects and product reviews. The more I blogged, the more I realized I loved creating shopping and gift lists and posting about interior design and celebrity style as well, and the blog turned into a more balanced mix of cupcakes and couture! :) I began sharing my favorite quotes each Friday and discovered that many of you look forward to these tiny bits of inspiration at the end of each week.
I can't wait to see what path my blog will take over the next year, and I would like to sincerely thank all of you for following along with me each day as I post about my interests and passions. I appreciate all of your sweet and encouraging comments and do a happy dance each time I see a new follower listed on GFC or Bloglovin.
Here are my five favorite posts from the past year...which post was your favorite?
Also, please leave me a note letting me know how you found my blog - it would make me so happy to hear!
1. Cookie Dough Filled Cupcakes. Not only is this one of my favorite original cupcake recipes, but it was featured by the lovely Lauren Conrad herself! She posted them on her website and also on her Pinterest account which totally made my year complete. :) Her sharing my recipe brought me a lot of new readers which I was so grateful for.
2. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars. My second recipe to be featured by Lauren Conrad on her official website - this time, I got my own post! A dream come true!
3. DIY Glitter Wine Glasses. This one blog post has over 25,000 views which makes it responsible for about a quarter of my overall blog hits! It has been pinned on Pinterest thousands of times and is the way that many readers find me. I still can't believe that my simple idea of putting glitter on wine glasses has become so popular, but I'm thrilled about it!
4. Gift Guide: Parisian Chic. My friends and family always tell me that I am a great gift giver and often come to me when they need help picking out a present for someone. I love putting together gift guides and this was my favorite one to date!
5. Style Inspiration: Hanging Dresses. This post is a simple one, but it is very "me." The sparkles, the lace, the ruffles, the pale pinks...these are all of my favorite things when it comes to clothes!