Bake at 350's recipes are always insanely awesome, so I didn't do much to change the recipe except for adding in chocolate chips and upping the amount of Nutella for the filled centers. (I knew I had to fill them up as much as possible for my Nutella nut.) Try these out sometime - they sure do make for a delicious breakfast or a great afternoon snack! :)
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Nutella Filling
adapted from Bake at 350
makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 12 regular size muffin tins with liners and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, mashed banana, and milk.
- Reduce the mixer speed to "stir" and slowly add the dry ingredients. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in the chocolate chips, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure they are fully incorporated.
- Fill all 12 muffin slots with batter and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Place muffin tin on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the tin to cool completely.
- Once the muffins have cooled, grab a large pastry bag with a large tip and fill it up with the Nutella. Gently poke the tip into the center of each muffin and fill until you see the muffin expand a bit and, while squeezing, pull the tip up and out of the muffin.
- Shove in your mouth and enjoy!!