These delicious cupcakes feature a champagne cake filled with a fresh raspberry puree and topped with a Chambord buttercream...sooo delicious! I received great feedback on these cupcakes - everyone seemed to really like them! I think they would be perfect to make again for New Year's Eve, don't you?
(click to enlarge)
Champagne & Chambord cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
adapted from Objetivo: Cupcake Perfecto
For the cupcakes...
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 3/4 tablespoons champagne
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line cupcake tin with 12 paper liners. (I used these gorgeous black and white ivy liners - they complimented the fuchsia frosting nicely.)
- Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of your standing mixer until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the standing mixer, beating on high speed until it's fully incorporated.
- Add the milk and continue to beat on high speed.
- Add the other half of the dry mixture and continue to beat well.
- Add the champagne.
- Fill each liner and bake for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
For the filling...
- about 8 oz of fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Combine half of the raspberries with the sugar and puree it. I used my food processor and let it go for about a minute or so.
- Stick it in the fridge to cool and get a bit thicker.
- Once the cupcakes and the puree have cooled, use a cupcake corer to create a hole in the center of each cupcake. Be careful not to poke all the way to the bottom or the puree will spill out of the cupcakes!
- Using a small spoon, gently fill the center of each cupcake with a bit of puree until it reaches the top of the cake.
- Save the other half of the raspberries to decorate your cupcakes with.
For the frosting... (this will give you more than enough so you can pile it on high)
- 3 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6-8 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons of champagne
- 3 teaspoons Chambord
- fuchsia food coloring gel
- silver luster dust
- Beat the butter until it's light and fluffy.
- Add the champagne and Chambord.
- Add the sugar one cup at a time until the frosting reaches a nice consistency.
- Add a little bit of food coloring gel at a time until it's the color you want and beat until it's all blended in.
- Decorate with raspberries and silver luster dust for a beautiful cupcake!