Hi! I’m Renée from operation philanthropy, a blog that profiles amazing individuals giving back and attempts to explain what philanthropy means to different people and why it’s so important. Amy of C&C is a good friend of mine and when she offered me the opportunity to guest blog, I thought long and hard about what I would write about that might interest her readers.
In day-to-day life, it can be hard to make the time to volunteer or save enough money to make a large donation. There are only so many hours in a day. Last week’s paycheck is already spent. When schedules fill up or an unexpected expense rears its ugly head, it can feel impossible to make a difference. BUT giving back is possible even for the busiest person on a tight budget, without any major changes to your every day life.
IT CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS SHOPPING. Leverage your next purchase and make a difference in someone’s life. Whether you are looking for the perfect gift or if you are just rewarding yourself with something nice, check out the below companies who are making giving back easy for consumers!
Buy one, give one
(Courtesy of Oak lifestyle)
• Baby clothes and gear: Baby Teresa
• Bags (give meals): FEED Projects
• Blankets, comforters and sheets: Blanket America
• Comforters: The Company Store
• Dog/Pet items: Baxter & Birdie
• Dog collars/leashes (buy one, feed one) and AlphaPooch beds
• Glasses (optical and sunglasses): Warby Parker (check out my ABOUT ME page to see my Warby Parker purchase)
• Knit caps, scarves: Twice as Warm
• Rain boots: ROMA Boots
• Shoes and Sunglasses: TOMS
• Soccer Ball: One World Futbol
• Stuffed animals, blankets and other child items: Everything Happy
• Ties (give back a school uniform): FIGS
• Watches (plant a tree with each purchased): WeWOOD
Businesses who donate a percentage of their proceeds
• Jewelry: Rachel's Cure by Design
• Headbands: Headbands of Hope
• Wine: Charity Wine
• Makeup: Laura Mercier
• Knittings: Knits for Life
Retail Charity goods
• INSTEAD: Make small changes to your daily routines and donate your savings.
• BUDGE: Challenge your friends to some friendly competition for charity.
• ONETODAY: Learn about a new charity daily and donate $1 to causes that inspire you.
Download now and make a difference!
- Charity Miles: We all walk, run, or bike. Earn money and raise awareness for charities by working out!
- Earndit: Earn points exercising and redeems them for charities.
- Donate a Photo: Donate a photo and help a cause.
- Check-in for Good: Pick a cause, start your own campaign and check-in at participating businesses for donations.
- Give 2 Charity: Make an impact by simply carrying your cell phone.
Do any readers know of other socially responsible companies? To learn more about operation philanthropy, email Renée at firstname.lastname@example.org.