Mini Oreo Cheesecakes with Whipped Cream
Cheesecake recipe adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
For the cheesecakes...
- 40 Oreos, 24 left whole and 16 coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat the eggs on low-medium speed for a few minutes. Pour them into a small bowl and set aside.
- Back in the bowl of the standing mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time until combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt.
- Reduce speed to stir and add 2/3 of the chopped Oreos.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes.
- Transfer pans to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours before adding whipped cream.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat the whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Reduce speed to medium and add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the cup of powdered sugar, scraping down the sides until combined.
- Fill up a large piping bag with a star tip and add a small dollop of whipped cream to each cheesecake. You don't need to use as much as you would for a regular cupcake - a little goes a long way!
- Garnish with the rest of the chopped Oreos.
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator until it's time to eat them. They are best served very cold!