It was just as easy to do as my glitter wine glasses and glitter jars, but since I use my phone more often and it's banging around in my bag all day, I don't know if the glitter will last as long as it has on the glasses and jars. I think I may need to do a second coating of glitter and spray paint to fill in some areas that are becoming sparse. But I have had very little glitter falling off and haven't noticed it on my hands or in my purse, so this technique does do a great job of locking the glitter in. I just think after awhile it will suffer some wear and you may need to do some touch ups. :)
What you need...
What to do...
What to do...
- Using a fat paint brush, coat the back and sides of the case with Mod Podge.
- Sprinkle glitter over the sticky areas, shaking off the excess onto a piece of cardstock and pouring it back into the container so you don't waste glitter or make a mess!
- Let the case dry for about 30 minutes or so. I like to do this on the windowsill when the window is open a little.
- Go to a well ventilated area (trust me on this one!) Spray a thin, even coat of the Krylon clear spray on the case. Take care not to spray too much or else the glitter will become wet and drip, which you definitely do not want!
- Let the case dry overnight on your windowsill.
- Repeat these steps again if your case starts to lose glitter or looks sparse in some areas.