I recently bought a couple of cheap clear jars at the Christmas Tree Shop for my bathroom sink - one to keep Q-Tips in and one to keep cotton rounds in. I wanted the to be readily accessible but also wanted to keep my sink neat and organized. I have a tiny bathroom so I don't have much space to work with! I totally forgot to take a before picture of the jars, but they were just basic, clear jars that cost about $2 apiece.
I decided to jazz them up with some glitter, just like I did in my glitter wine glass project. They were just as simple to make and look much cuter in the bathroom than the clear jars did! You could do this project with any size jar for any use...they don't necessarily need to be little ones for the bathroom sink!
What you need...
- clear glass jars
- glitter in any color (I used 2 colors from this Martha Stewart glitter set)
- Mod Podge
- fat paint brush
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating Aerosol Spray
- cardstock or other firm paper to shake glitter on to
- Using a fat paint brush, coat the jars with a thin layer of Mod Podge.
- Sprinkle glitter on to each jar, one at a time, shaking off the excess onto a piece of cardstock and pouring it back into the container so you don't waste glitter or make a mess!
- Repeat these steps with the jar lids.
- Let the jars dry for about 30 minutes or so.
- Go to a well ventilated area (trust me on this one!) Spray a thin, even coat of the Krylon clear spray on to each jar and lid. Take care not to spray too much or else the glitter will become wet and drip down the sides, which you definitely do not want!
- Let the jars dry overnight on your windowsill. If you have a cat like mine who likes to knock everything over, I suggest putting them on top of your fridge or a very high cabinet so they don't get ruined. :)
- Fill with Q-Tips, cotton rounds or anything else you desire!
my bathroom looks like ithasn't been updated since the 1960s (don't you just love
the subway tile??), but I try to keep it looking cute, neat and as clean as possible.
now I need a cuter toothbrush holder to match the awesome jars!!