No bake Oreo chocolate balls
makes about 2 trays worth
- one package of Double Stuff Oreos
- one 8oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- one large bag of mini chocolate chips (white, milk or dark...whichever you prefer!)
- Put the entire package of Oreos in your food processor. Let those babies crush in there until they are just crumbs.
- Dump the Oreo crumbs into a large bowl with the entire package of cream cheese. Mix them around together using your hands (it feels kind of gross, but it's the best way to make sure everything gets incorporated.)
- Once the cream cheese and Oreo crumbs are mixed up nicely, make as many little bite sized balls as you can and put them on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Stick the balls in the fridge for about an hour. Watch your favorite episode of Bones in the meantime.
- Now that the balls have gotten cold, it's time to melt the chocolate. Pour the bag of mini chips into a microwave safe dish and heat them up in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until they are fully melted and smooth. Add a splash of milk if the chocolate is too thick.
- Stick a toothpick in each ball and dip it in the melted chocolate until it's totally covered. You can make them look prettier by drizzling one type of chocolate over the other or adding sprinkles.
- Put the balls back on the parchment covered cookie tray to harden. You can stick them back in the fridge to expedite this.
- Keep the balls refrigerated until you are about to eat them.