PS: I FINALLY sat down, went through all of my photos from Paris and made an online album last night. Click here to see all of my trip photos!
Peppermint Infused Chocolate Ganache Mini Tartelettes
makes about 20 servings
for the chocolate crust...
- 2/3 of a 9oz box of Nabisco Famous chocolate wafers (a little more than 2 cups crushed)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- preheat oven to 350F and line a mini muffin tin with 20 paper liners.
- put the wafers and the butter in your food processor and pulse until they turn into crumbs.
- using the back of a 1/2 tablespoon, press the crumbs into the bottoms and sides of each muffin tin, making a little cup of crumbs.
- bake for 10 minutes and then stick in the fridge to cool down.
for the ganache filling...
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- a few tablespoons of sweetened cocoa powder, if necessary
- crushed candy canes for the topping
- put the chopped chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl.
- pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over low heat. be careful not to let it form a skin on the top.
- pour the cream over the chocolate and keep stirring until it becomes nice and smooth.
- add the peppermint extract and continue to stir.
- if the chocolate hasn't totally melted, stick the bowl into the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until it's melted and thick.
- if the chocolate isn't thick enough to form a ganache, add a few tablespoons of sweetened cocoa powder to thicken it up.
- stick in the fridge, covered, for an hour.
- when the ganache has cooled, spoon it into the chocolate crumb cups until just full and top with crushed candy canes.
- store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. the ganache tastes best when cool!