Happy Monday all! Today I'm doing a blog swap with Wedding Party and Stephanie is blogging about fun photos to take during your engagement and wedding. I'll be blogging about pink wedding dresses over on Wedding Party's blog, so check that out and let me know what you think! :) Hope you enjoy!
Your wedding day photos are probably some of the most meaningful and gorgeous photos you'll take in your lifetime. I'm definitely of the opinion that if you're going to splurge on one thing for your wedding day, getting a great photographer who will take quality photos that you love is the best choice.
However, with all the focus on the wedding photos and the photographer, brides can sometimes forget that there are tons of other special moments you'll want to remember -- from the moment you get engaged to your honeymoon is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you won't want to forget! Even if you're spending the big bucks on the big day for great photos, there are ton of other smaller occasions to document, like the engagement party, the first time you try on the dress, or the night before the wedding day. We've compiled a list of the best and most fun moments you'll want to capture -- from the engagement to the big day.
1. The proposal, of course!
2. A picture the bridesmaids with signs that describe their relationship to the bride:
3. When you finally find the dress!
Say Yes to the Dress
4. A series of pictures of the bride with a sign that counts down the days to your wedding at special events (engagement dinner, bridal shower, bachelorette, etc):
5. A photo of you and your sister or best friend together at the bachelorette party. Good or bad, you'll treasure it forever!
6. The couple and the signed marriage license:
7. A photo of you and the groom the day before the wedding:
8. A photo of your personal vows, and your significant other reading them the night before:
9. You and the groom holding your parent's wedding photos on your own day:
10. You and your bridesmaids' coffee orders on the day of the wedding:
Stephanie Herbst works at Wedding Party, a startup that specializes in creating technology and apps for weddings. Their first service, Wedding Party, is a free app that you can download for iPhone and Android. Wedding Party lets couples collect all the wedding photos their guests take, and provides a unique, social way for guests to interact with the each other on the couple’s big day.
You can set up your own Wedding Party app here, or check out more of Stephanie’s musings on the Wedding Party blog.