I mean, she's adorable and all, but waking up with cat hair in my eyes and her claws in my hair isn't exactly ideal. So I do what I always do: take something ugly and cover it up with scrapbook paper to make it pretty!! This DIY project is super simple, takes hardly any time, looks great and makes your pet happy - it's a total win!
What you need...
- an old cardboard box that will comfortably fit your pet
- Mod Podge
- scrapbook paper
- a fleece blanket or two
What to do...
- Cut the flaps off the box so it's open at the top.
- Cover the box completely on the outside and on the four interior walls with pieces of scrapbook paper, gluing them on with Mod Podge and then "painting" over them with another layer of Mod Podge to seal them on.
- Fill the box with a fleece blanket or two and your pet's favorite stuffed animal.
- Watch her sleep happily and comfortably in her new pet bed while you enjoy your cat hair free pillow! :)
Phoebe really loves her box and it's lasted almost 2 years so far! She's taken over TWO of my fleece blankets - a leopard print one and a Red Sox one - but she is definitely super comfy in her bed. I also keep her favorite stuffed kitty in there with her so she's never alone. :)
If you notice small tears in the paper over time, just cover them up with another piece of paper and a layer of Mod Podge.