I knew I wanted to try baking with one of their biscuits, so I chose their pecan nutcakes and decided to remake one of the first recipes I ever posted on my blog - strawberry cheesecake cupcakes! I made them using the nutcakes instead of graham cracker crumbs and they turned out fabulous.
If you want to try out Effie's Homemade products, click here for store locations. In addition to loving their biscuits, their lavender sea salt crackers are amazing with goat cheese and are my new favorite snack!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
makes 20 cupcakes
For the graham cracker crust...
- 1 package Effie's Homemade nutcakes
- 1/2 stick of butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 20 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Mix broken up nutcakes, butter and sugar together using a food processor.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of the crushed graham cracker into the bottom of each prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove immediately from oven and set aside to cool.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, tops cut off and coarsely chopped (and more for garnish)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff, glossy peaks appear, about 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overbeat. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then add the vanilla.
- Add half the flour mixture until incorporated then mix in the sour cream.
- Add remaining flour and mix until just blended.
- Gently fold the egg into the batter until combined with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix the egg whites or the cake will fall flat.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- 2 8oz packets of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the sugar slowly, one cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- When cupcakes are cool, pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Garnish with freshly cut strawberries and refrigerate until ready to serve. I definitely think these cupcakes are best when they have been chilled and then taken out of the fridge for a couple of minutes to soften.