Pumpkin Pie cupcakes
adaped from Your Cup Of Cake
makes 24 cupcakes
For the cupcakes...
- 24 double stuff golden Oreos
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (the small can)
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- Split the Oreos in half and drop the half with the cream stuck to it on the bottom of the each liner, cream side up.
- In your standing mixer with the flat beater attachment, gently combine eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add in brown sugar and sugar and let it stir for several minutes.
- Add in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to your standing mixer bowl and let it stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners almost to the top and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. (I had a little bit of leftover batter which I promptly ate.)
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- jack-o-lantern peeps to use as toppers
- Using the whisk attachment in your stnading mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. (I never really know what “stiff peaks” are, but the frosting should stay on your whisk when you take it off the mixer. It should look thick and fluffy and airy.)
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, one cup at a time.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes with a big star tip and sprinkle cinnamon on top to decorate.
- Put one jack-o-lantern peep on top of each cupcake for a cute topper!