(click photo to enlarge)
Here's how I made my coasters. I'm sure there are hundreds of different ways to make your own, so be creative!
What you need...
- 4x4 inch plain ceramic tiles (like these from Home Depot)
- Mod Podge & fat paint brush
- pretty scrapbook paper
- little rubber or felt stick-on pads (like these)
- Cut out pieces of scrapbook paper that are just slightly smaller than the surface of your tile.
- Dip your fat brush into the mod podge and paint a thin layer onto each tile. One coat is enough.
- Affix the paper onto the tile. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- Paint another layer of mod podge over the top of the coasters to seal the paper in. You can use matte or glossy, depending on your preference!
- Stick 4 felt or rubber pads to the bottom of the tile so it won't scratch up your table.
- Now you have gorgeous, handmade coasters! Wasn't that easy?