Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 24 unwrapped Kraft caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 F and take out two ungreased baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and whisk ingredients together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add the dry mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl until just combined.
- Reduce speed to stir and add the chocolate chips.
- Take a caramel and form a little ball of dough around it, making sure that none of the caramel peeks out and that it's totally covered. Do this until you've made about 24 cookies and put them on the baking sheets.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and store in a tupperware container to preserve freshness.